Moving a home is not something that people usually do and there are lots of things to remember. To help your move smoothly we have put together a checklist so that you can plan everything before you approach your big day.
- Ask your friends, family and neighbour for the recommendations of the removal companies.
- Get estimates from different removal companies
- Create a floor plan for your new home so you can work where the furniture will go
- Start organizing the change of address for your friends and family, banks, Insurance companies etc.
- Cancel newspaper/magazine delivery
- Make a list of things that you don’t need
- Check to see if you need any permits to move
- Notify the school and arrange the transfer records for the new school
- If you are currently renting, confirm your moving date with landlord
- Arrange pet care, make sure to make all the arrangements for pets to be looked after
- Get the valuable items assessed for insurance and check if your insurance company will cover your move.
- Packing supplies: arrange or order packing supplies from RnM Removals
- Disconnect the utilities such as electricity, water etc. and reconnect to your new address
- Arrange baby sitter on the day of move
If you would like to move on the weekend, then it is important to book in advance as weekends are mostly busy for removalists.
Contact us at 048 1123 663 to make arrangements about your move!!